Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hobo Stew

We had a pretty mellow day and I'm gonna warn you now my pics are almost all of animals I saw today cause I'm a nerd.
First we drove to old town Bandon which was really cool. I saw these guys and their friends...



There's a ton of ducks and geese in old town Bandon just strutting in the street.

Then I saw some horses.



Haha, so boring.

After that we drove to Port Orford and got coffee then went to Cape Blanco. So pretty there, plus, it was a gorgeous super sunny day at the beach today!



Lighthouse in the distance to the left. We weren't allowed to go past this point, the road was gated.

One of my favorite things to do at the beach is feed the seagulls. You can get the best pictures of them by feeding them the crappiest bread, cause they are pigs!



Come and get it!









Evil, hungry seagull!









We had clam chowder and hot chocolate for lunch.



Mmm, coast chowder is the best!

John made a campfire a couple hours later.
We heard a pack of coyotes in the distance which was really cool. I can't remember ever hearing them at the beach.
Also, while outside at the campfire a humongous racoon we dubbed, "Francine" kept coming out of the bushes onto our yurt porch. So cute!
John didn't really seem to think so though and kept chasing her off. I wanted to feed her and get a picture but he said not a good idea. Sorry Francine!



He made us something called, "Hobo Stew" for dinner. Meat, salt and pepper, and veggies wrapped in foil and cooked in the fire. We had ours with Boca burgers.




Later we played Monopoly and I got pissed cause I lost.




We are beginning our trip homeward Saturday. Thinking of staying at Washburne park (14 miles north of Florence) for the night. I'll post more when I can. Ciao!



P.S. John said I could put this picture on here.

Location:Bandon, OR

1 comment: